Friday, May 25, 2007
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
The "feelings" between Betty and Henry is more complicated than what I could write here. You knew you have feelings for him and the feelings are 100% reciprocal, but you haven't found the appropriate opportunities to reveal your feelings - that's the boring and yet complicated issue I was referring. Anyway, yesterday epidode ended with Betty giving Henry the VIP ticket to Stella MaCrtney show with Charlie.
I was/am still confused with the episode ending. So:
- Does Henry like Betty? Ans: If he likes her, he will refuse the tickets, and suggest Betty to go to Stella show with Charlie instead ie. a Girls' Out Night.
- Is Betty making the right decision? Ans: Friends always tell me I am letting all the good guys slip away. Well, to start with, if he is a good guy, he will stay instead of me asking him to stay.
- Should Betty break them up? Ans: Magazines and movies always tell us to fight for the guy we want. Well, I diasagree with them. If the guy likes you, he will not shy away, he will not be inconfident of your feelings, he will be head over heels with you on his mind that he wants to see you 24/7.
- Is Henry a loser in yesterday's episode? Ans: Indecisive+Inconfident = weak.
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Recently, I have come to notice married or attached women are very protective of their husband, fiance or boyfriend in my presence. May be I am increasingly more attractive (a-hem .. hehe ...) or they are overgeneralising on single women. To all my friends out there, if I am talking to your husband, fiance or boyfriend, it's mostly because I just dislike your man thinking that we women can't hold a candle to them. Our conversations mostly centre around the fact that I am re-educating them to respect women. Also, if I am talking to a single man, it doesn't mean every time that I am interested in him, and please don't immediate ringing me up to ask my impression on him. Most pathetic of all, please don't introduce me to your uncle, oldest brother or friend who is only 5 years junior than my mother's age. Also, if I am chatting with a younger man (or a younger man chatting to me), it doesn't imply I am desperate. Friends should have no age barrier, have we forgotten that fact? Please accept the fact that I have chosen my path because of my choice, not because of the circumstances I am in.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Husbands now can avoid traceability issue from their wife by avoiding to invest in a video phone. However, very soon they will lose this freedom because RFID will enable their wife to trace their whereabouts under a minute. Soon, we will all be very afraid to pee in the loo because we are unsure if we will be watched. Soon, we might not need to bring our wallet or credit card when we are out of our house. An implantable chip either on our arm (this is so Matrix, but in real life British professor of Cybernatics Kevin Warick implanted a chip in his arm in 1998) or in a bangle will enable us to be identified by the "system" which then allow us to pay for our food and other purchases.
Of course, I was slightly exaggerated in the second paragraph. But we can't deny the fact that RFID is already in our life. To pick some common examples, HR East in Japan introduced SUICa (Super Urban Intelligent Card) for transport payment service in its railway transportation service in November 2001, using Sony's FeliCa (Felicity Card) technology. The same Sony technology was used in Hong Kong's Octopus card, and Singapore's EZ-Link card. The Transperth public transport network in Perth, Western Australia uses RFID technology in the new SmartRider ticketing system. BGN has launched two fully automated Smartstores that combine item-level RFID tagging to deliver an integrated supply chain, from warehouse to consumer.
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
- Back then when I was an undergraduate, I loved a concept learnt in my "Comparative Education" lecture called "Discovery Learning". My lecturer described "Discovery Learning" as "one of those moments when you have a light bulb above your head".
- Since mid-February after I have chased away whirlwind of moodiness, I've started to think of many things around me. Many times I feel guilty for making sarcastic comments to my parents even though they are aware that I have their interests at heart. Many times, I also feel I haven't lent any of my listening ears to my siblings. What kind of older sister am I?
- When I am browsing others' blogs, I always ask: How can s/he write such beautiful sentences? Oh, those photos taken are professional. Why no one response to my comments? Apart from Woofhams and her good friend Michelle, no one compliments my blog and my writing.
- Friends told me I always have time for work, but I have no time to pursue and maintain a relationship. When I finally made the effort to show up, He wasn't there. Friends again commented: You have missed the boat. I smiled and replied, "Well, that's fate". My dating periods have never past the benchmark of 5 dates. To date, I still have no idea whether I am such unattractive or I am just unsuitable. I've bought many books and magazines, and tried to find out what Aunties Agony and So-Called-Love-Experts commented on situations like mine. I even looked in love songs to look for reasons. All answers seem to point in the same direction: Time is not ripe yet. Ok, so he is just not the Mr Right. So, why the hurry? If he meant to appear, he will.
- I was reading Woofhams's blog a while ago and noticed a very creative "Ticker" for her to keep track of her Running Goal. I went to visit the Ticker Factory site and thought of adopting one for my blog. I stared at the web page for almost 10 minutes, and poor thing I have realised I have nothing to look forward to. I have no exercise goal. Four years ago, I used to be gym-craze but now I am relying on only walking and my stationary bike. I have no children, and have no due dates or childrens' birthdays to look forward to. If not for my family remembering my birthday every year, I wouldn't be bothered with my own birthday. I am not exactly healthy. I eat well, I don't smoke and I don't drink. I am not waiting to quit any bad habits and not wanting to lose any more weight. I don't grow potty plants. Ally and Bobby are family dogs, not exactly my dogs in a specific sense. Apart from renewing car license and my road tax, I can't think of what specific dates I should remember. May be one: 21st July. Harry potter's 7th book.
- But, revert back to the concept of "Discovery Learning": What I have written may simply imply - Make A New List Of Goals!!!
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Friday, May 04, 2007
I have written a lot today. I am in the writing mood. I feel very calm and contented with my life. My shoulders have become lighter when I decide to "Let Go" and "Move On".