Saturday, May 12, 2007

12th Week

Marriage is not for everyone. I could advise others on marriage, but I don't have confidence I could manage one myself. Confidence is the key to manage many things right, and I don't think I should endeavour when I don't have confidence and faith in managing marriage - well.

Raising children is not an easy task too. I have seen my sister-in-law having to juggle between work, part-time course and morning sickness (Thanks God it's mild for her case). Her sacrifice for not consuming anything with caffeine. She has more pimples now, and she is not too bothered with it because she knows she has a living thing inside her which makes her to be less vain, more calm, more focused and more motherly. Being a good and responsible mother is not an easy job. I am just not cut out to be one.

I have never, never, never in my life felt so touched with motherhood until yesterday 11ish in the morning. My parents and I accompanied my sister-in-law for her antenatal check-up since my brother was at work. She did her first scan, and I called my mother to join us. Like Rachel Green in Friends, I had absolutely no idea where was the baby in the first place. I heard the doctor told us: Hey, look at the baby. Very active baby. The baby is kicking so hard, both hands and legs. The baby must be excited to meet her mother, her grandmother and eldest auntie for the first time. Say Hi!

My goodness, I could feel tears about to roll down my cheek at that moment meeting the baby (my niece or nephew) for the first time. The baby is so cute. The baby is waving at me - I am the proud eldest auntie. We saw the baby's spine developing very well. The doctor told us the baby is very healthy. My mother was so happy, she ran out of the room and told my father everything that she has just seen. I loved that moment - the unity of a family. I believe if my brother (ie. the baby's father), my sister Woofhams and her husband were there too yesterday, it would be even a more complete picture.

I believe this is a strong, stubborn and smart baby. The doctor told us my sister-in-law's due date would be on the 24th November. I actually did a calculation last week, and my calculated due date for my sister-in-law will be on 22nd November. The baby is going to be a Sagittarian!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, a Sagittarian like his/her gu-gu(aunt)! I know how happy you are!

Pancake Queen said...

Thanks! Yesterday I told my brother that his daughter/son is going to start golf from 3, piano from 4 and karate from 5! HaHa ...

Anonymous said...

best to start music before reaching the age of 3. they have the natural ability to grasp the perfect pitch. happy "aunt-hood" in advance.

Pancake Queen said...

HaHa ... I believe my niece/nephew is going to hate me. Arranging so much chores for her/him even before she/he is born!