Sunday, January 04, 2009

Official Invitation To be Happy

For the past 2 years, I've worked very hard. I worked so hard that I have forgotten to live a life.

Why did I say so? I spent the last 10 days reflecting on my life, and today I've finally come to a decision and answers to many, in fact, too many of my questions. I have been tired since March 2008, but I believe my lifestyle and my perspectives on life will change from this moment on. Not only I will step out of my comfort zone, I am going to walk or rather, run, into a new direction in my life. 

I read a lot in the past 10 days trying to understand ... many things which I didn't understand. But I do now. I stumbled upon this saying by Michelle Casto:

Human's true intent for seeking Truth is to know Joy ...

After assimilating the meaning of above phrase, I've come to realise not only I have forgotten to live, I've forgotten about Joy, and I've forgotten about Laughters. How can one in the process to seek (1) Knowledge, (2) Wisdom, (3) Insight and (4) Understanding, has forgotten about the essence of Joy and Happiness?

Michelle Casto said: Happiness does not depend on material things; Happiness does not depend on other people's recognition or agreement; Happiness does not depend on what happens, so if you stay, it will be good and if you go, it will be good. Happiness is not to be found anywhere in the external world. 

Happiness is a decision. The main obstacle to happiness is faulty thinking. For instance, thinking someone or some thing can make you happy. This kind of happiness (ie. depending on external factors) is an illusion and has no meaning! Thus, stop looking outside for what can only be found inside, and make a decision to be happy.

Adapted (with minor changes in phrases below in order to fit in the flow of today's posting) from Michelle Casto's posting on 26 January 2008: 

I, Queen of Pancakeism, decide to be happy right now, despite the weather, the world, or other external factors. I absolutely know it is my God-given birthright to be happy.
And as the light of God that I am, I reclaim happiness and happiness reclaims me.
So be this.

No comments: