Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Recent Hanoi Trip

The first time I visited Hanoi was 12 years ago where roads were not well developed and there wasn't even a single building that is more than 6 storeys high.
 
12 years later, I re-visited Hanoi and it made me understand the importance of "growth & development". High rise buildings are everywhere, and there are many more coming. There are more scooters now compared to only bicycles previously. Of course, pollution has become an issue now more than before.  

12 years ago, I used to pay US$5 per minute to call home. 12 years later, I could surf the internet using the complimentary broadband services in the hotel. 

The only thing that hasn't changed, which I am pleased about, is the vietnamese Pho (a popular vietnamese noodle dish usually served with beef, but I preferred it without meat) still tastes as good as before.

No comments: