Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Father

Two nights ago, there was huge thunder around 11ishpm. Unlike when he was only 4-5 weeks old, Baby K now is very sensitive to surrounding sound and noise. Worrying the thunder might wake and scare him, I went to check on him. As I have expected, Baby K woke up, looked at his surroundings and fell asleep again when he realised his parents were besides him.

I smiled to myself on the way back to my room, and I thought to myself, "my brother has grown up and fully adjusted to the father's role".

If we were to rewind my memory to six months ago, there was a similar thundery evening. My mother and I were worried that Baby K would be scared by the sudden lightnings and thunders, we stormed respectively to check on Baby K.

We saw my brother standing at the hallway looking outside, so we asked him: "What are you doing here?"

Brother: "I think I'd better check on Bobby (our pet), he might be scared with all these sudden thunders."

Needless explain further, you know how he was lectured by our Super Mama: "You should take care of your baby now, make sure he's not scared. Not your dog, excuse me!"

HaHa!!

No comments: