Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I Am A Hero

I like the concept of this advertisement - though I have no idea what is the meaning of those words in Japanese. To me, I decipher those words as "There is no place safer than a good father's shoulders". If I am a parent, I want to use all my capability and my wit to protect and care for my children.

May be due to the fact that my youngest brother will be a father in another four months time, I thought of my brother and his baby when I saw this advertisement.

In a blink of an eye, our baby brother will be a father himself. Less than 30 years ago, both Woofhams and myself were having chicken pox + measles when my youngest brother was born. We were not allowed to see our baby brother until we were completely healed. I still recalled everyday both of us woke up early and stood near our mother's room and asked her: Mama, can we see our baby brother today? Is he cute? Does he look more like Woofhams or does he look more like me? Then the routine would be - we would beg our mother to bring our baby brother to the middle of her room so we could see our baby brother's face from the door.

How time flies.

Think of my family always makes me stronger, builds my confidence in myself. I understood now why people keep a photo of their family in their wallet. I want to be a top grade hero. I want to be a hero that protects and cares for everyone in my family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Che, you're already a hero in the family.

Yes, how time flies!

Pancake Queen said...

How time flies, and I am getting older. HeHe ...