Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Out Of Boundary

It's indeed true that my aunt used to tell me I will be more "settled" with who I am and what I really want until I am in my 30s. Recently, I am very focused on what I want, and therefore I have become more prudent with my spending. A friend asked me, why didn't you buy the Louie Vuitton handbag like many of your younger colleagues do. I smiled and I told her, it's not an issue of affordability, it's about LV handbag does not appear in the top 20 of my necessity list.

Recently, I am also becoming more aware of what kind of friends would be toxic to my thoughts, and what kind of man is actually more complement to my character. Speak of the latter, I recently met a new friend - not necessarily handsome, not exceptionally articulate, not extremely rich, but it is just pure feeling of so nice and comfortable talking to him. I believe this is what it is supposed to be what women glossy magazines called "Mr Right". I am very happy sitting next to him, and talking to him has made me "extremely myself". I never have to pretend to be someone else. He has never interrupted my sentences or told me to "listen, listen". For the previous two occasions we met, he just listened patiently to my arguments and continued my sentences as if we have rehearsed the conversation many times before. We never need to impress each other, because by being himself, humble and speak his minds, he has already impressed me. For the first time in many years, I have the feeling that someone actually "looking at me" and "listening to me"and not just "saw and heard".

Well, the right man not necessarily appearing at the right time. Like Alanis Morissette sang, life is ironic. I noticed a wedding band on his wedding finger, the glittering shine on the gold wedding band told me he is happily married too.

Don't sigh. In fact, I was not even upset when I found out on his ring. We have never discussed on family or respective life partner, the comfortability factor found in our conversation implies that we could be very good friends just discussing on work and life. When we like something, we don't necessarily need to own them. Appreciating them from a distance or occasionally thinking of them are adequate to keep us happy.

To sum up, God might be sending me a moral test this time, but HE knows very well that I won't fail the test.

No comments: