Saturday, July 01, 2006

Misunderstanding

Ardila's artistry has been featured on tv and in magazine articles. Ardila's painting titled 'Misunderstanding'

I was (am still) upset when I read this article on the net. No doubt Ardila is cleverer than other elephants that we've seen on Discovery Channel, but I still don't think it's right to have Ardila to work. Animals should do animal things, and human should do human things. I found it extremely intolerable when dog owners dressed up their dogs in baby's clothes or colour their fur. I was fumed about two months ago when I saw on tv that a Taiwanese entertainment show host dressed a monkey in bridal dress and told her to sing. She knew a monkey couldn't sing, even some of us couldn't sing in a karaoke, and yet she told the monkey to sing for her. Absurd! The more you love the animals, the more you shouldn't do what you like on them. Animals can't tell you whether they like their clothes in pink or orange. They can't tell if if they were uncomfortable in the alice band that made them look like they are in circus.

Am I over-reacting? Is this purely just a Misunderstanding???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we human confuse these animals. Little did we know that we have caused mental stress to them. They are not meant to be exhibit objects.

Pancake Queen said...

To Woofhams: I was stressed for 3 days when I first saw on newspaper the writer wrote on Chiang Mai's Long Neck Women where these women would be exhibited to tourists at certain fixed hour every day. Very Inhumane!