Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall. 
Who's the courageous of us all. 

The Chinese's Tao Te Ching states that courage is derived from ("慈 loving 故 causes and sources 能 ability and 勇 brave"). 

My courage curve has peaks and troughs. I recalled there were times when I was younger, I hit the nose of a boy classmate because he bullied my best friend in class. There were times I didn't even dare to tell friends that I received the highest marks in class. I noticed as I get older, the courage curve gets more erratic. I am concerned, and I really want to improve on it. I don't want to revert/turn timid. Without courage, I can't do/have many things that I am doing/having now. Now, I must take a short break, enjoy a cuppa and reflect on 慈, 故, 能 and 勇. 

I hope by tomorrow this time, I will be an even more confident and courageous person that I want to be :-) 

No comments: