Saturday, March 15, 2008

Awaken

I googled this morning at http://www.google.com.bn/ and hit the Saya Rasa Bertuah (translate from my language: I am lucky) button a few times.

Am I really lucky? I have been thinking of this question since lunch. The more I think, the more I feel I am in the wrong job. Of course, many good-intention friends would advise that everywhere I go, I would experience the same office politics. I almost had the spur of the moment decision to quit my current job, buy a ticket, fly somewhere and experience a different kind of life. Learn to be a chef, be a painter, polishing my photography skills, learn a new language, pick a new hobby that never crossed my mind before, etc etc.

Then, I thought of opening a family-friendly concept cafe/restaurant, and be my own boss. Everyday I will walk into a cosy cafe with strong aroma of good coffee, puffy low carb bread, and home made pasta. I will give loyalty cards to my good friends and good colleagues, and I will give discounts to children, students and retirees. It will be smoking-banned. Every last Sunday of the month, I will organise a charity day where 15% of all my earnings on that day will go to charity. There will be painting exhibitions, camera-phone photos exhibitions, Childrens' Activity Days, Respect Elderly Days, etc etc etc.

The more I thought about it, the more de-stressing I have become. Of course, the cafe is just a dream/vision that might realise after my retirement. I don't have that much money to invest in any business, yet.
May be I am lucky to be in this world, but I am not in the right job. I believe in my ability and idealism, but I also believe no one appreciates what I have contributed so far. My work and my presence have been taken for granted.

Remember the "Pregnancy" and the "Baby" dreams that I talked about yesterday. Well, I really have suppressed/controlled my emotions for a long, long time. I believe it's high time to make a big change in my life.

No comments: