Thursday, November 08, 2007

Gender Equality

Being single, the value-added cost is men would assume you are hitting on them when you are friendly (even when you are not necessarily very friendly).

Caution: for the record, just in case if some of you are doubtful, the s.t.u.p.i.d. guy mentioned in today's posting is not the economics-maths craz guy (read: Demi-Kutcher Influence).

When I am friendly to a woman friend, they usually will like me more and a few times in my case, the younger female friends even grow to idolise me. Not even once in my case that those female friends would think I am hitting on them or doubt my good intentions.

When I am friendly to a man friend (as I said, not over friendly), I always seem to invite wrong responses. Recently, a friend that I've known for about 2 years is keeping a distance. It's not that I am upset over him, I am just disturbed by the thought that he told our mutual friends I am probably interested in him when he is not ready of reciprocating my feelings or any commitment. Yet.

Geez ... I felt like my tongue has been bee stung at the moment when I heard about the "avoidance" from a third person. The guy concerned could have told me himself if he suspected I was taking a derail in our friendship. For goodness sake, I would have thought I am more 'Renée Zellweger' than 'Paris Hilton'! I should revise my friendly behaviour. Wait a minute ... is he dillusionising that he is Jien or Thorpedo. Immature man.

No comments: