Saturday, May 19, 2007

BeWitched

When I was 10, the girl who sat in my next table always bullied me. I told her calmly: Hey, don't try to bully me. I have power. I am a Witch, a Good Witch.
The story of The Wizard of Oz always amazed me especially when I was a kid, and I used to believe I have power. I used to believe with a twitch of my nose, I could get all housework done. I practised for months and finally I told myself I might need to attend a Witchery school to equip with that magical skill (this is the source why some of my friends commented myself and J.K.Rowling are long-lost sisters). I continue to read witches stories from Mary Poppins to Harry Potter, but I have stopped believing that there are witches in this world, especially good witches. Witchcrafts are reserved for those who lack confidence and faith in themselves, I told myself.

No comments: