Saturday, March 17, 2007

You Are What You Eat

I finished reading Janet Evanovich's Thanksgiving yesterday. Like Evanovich's previous books, Thanksgiving is light-hearted, full of laughters over dinner table and got me thinking of eating a lot while I was reading - bad news ;-p

Why?

Everyone who knows me well are aware of my "methodological" eating pattern.

(1) I don't like others to take food from my plate. A few of my female friends are experts in this department.
Pancake: Hey, you don't want to order any food?
Friend: Nope, I am full.
And then 15 minutes later when Pancake's food arrived, Friend got excited and asked: Mine if I take some from you? It looks delicious.
Pancake: Actually, I am very hungry today, I honestly don't think this portion is even enough for me. I will order another plate for you.

(2) I dislike when they "donate" food into my plate. Some of my friends (female and male) are forever on diet. They want to appear as they are thin because they are naturally thin, not "strict-diet-thin". When our food came, they surgically divided their food into 1/4 and 3/4 portions, and needless to say they take the 1/4 and they throw the 3/4 portion into my plate.

Are they thinking I am the garbage truck? For food's sake, please stay at home and munch on corn cob if they are going to waste food in that manner.

(3) I particularly hate it when others spit bones into their spoon and then using the same spoon to scoop food (even if it's not from the plate of food we are sharing). Can you imagine we are eating the dumps of others?
The following proverb is always mentioned in our dinner conversations: We work to eat, if we don't eat then what is the motivation to work?
So to all who are reading: Appreciate Food and naturally you would Appreciate Life.

No comments: