Saturday, March 17, 2007

Waffles = Square Pancakes

Warning: If you are looking for intellectually-stimulating article, then you can ignore this particular post of mine today. Today is one of those moments that I want to write on my rambling, rattling thoughts.

I don't watch much of The Simpsons and not particularly excited when my students told me The Simpsons movie is coming up soon. Everytime I watch The Simpsons, I recalled a joke from an old coursemate many years ago. She told me I "characterically-resemblanced" (the condensed term is from Pancakeism's terminology) Lisa Simpson.

Why? Because in our mid-20s when girls were all excited to find a husband before they graduate. I was back then very opinionated, overly-inquisitive, liked (and still like, occasionally) to indulge in the thought that I am very overweight, I used to say geeky-looking Milhouse Van Houten is intelligently-cute and I have a large forehead. This is why you'll never see me in red dress and red shoes with a string of pearls.

Well, look at the bright side, Lisa Simpson has an IQ of 159 and is tagged as one of the brightest fictional characters in animated television series.

No comments: