Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Yes, Madam

No matter how advance the world is, gender disparity in terms of pay and promotion still exists. Many women sacrifice their life, relationship, marriage in order to excel in their job, but not every one of them is lucky enough to advance the corporate ladder.

I am not going to elaborate on glass ceiling or gender discrimination act in this post. We have heard enough and we have read enough.

Never give up even if the world has given up on us. Yesterday evening sitting in my room drinking my Nescafe, I thought of a movie: Yes, Madam (Michelle Yeoh's first major action role). Two fearless cops, portrayed by Michelle Yeoh and Cynthia Rothrock, go after a gang of criminals. Michelle is a tough cop. She is a true fighter. Whatever the situation she faces - nothing stops her! Incredible power and intensity. Unforgettable actions and stunts. And all of a sudden, I heard my brain telling me: When all doubt you, you must not doubt yourself!

No comments: