Thursday, February 01, 2007

By Invitation Only

Since I was 9, I have always wanted to be a bridesmaid. To date, no relatives or friends have ever invited me to be one.




May be I don't look stunning (but I thought we always prefer bridesmaid to be less attractive than the bride) ...
May be I don't have qualities of a bridesmaid (what exactly are the qualities?) ...
May be I am too outspoken (I will speak more than the MC?)
May be my role is more suitable as a prop ... Might Be. Could Be.


Now that I have past the "bridesmaid Wannabe" phase, bridesmaid or not is no longer an issue to me. However, comments received for not inviting to be the bridesmaid are more upsetting though.
  • Sorry, they have decided to invite all the 20s young women as my bridesmaids;
  • Hey, you might not look too good in that dress because that design is for younger women;
  • Hmm, I don't know how to put across to you, but the best man prefers bridesmaid to be around his age;
  • Would you mind to be the advisor telling us when the groom's team arrives?
  • Oh! If you don't mind, could you lead the bridesmaid team in the singing part later. They don't exactly have good voice like yours.

Actually I don't mind. I really don't mind. Despite all have just said, I am still very confident of myself, especially I don't look my age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know why you were not invited as a bridesmaid. Not because you're my sister that I'm saying but truly I think it was because:

1. Your friends who got married, well, I don't think they evern thought of bridesmaid. Just imagine Maria? You would overshine her! Hsha.
2. Your friends who may want bridesmaid in their wedding. Well, they haven't even found their groom like Audrey. Let alone bridesmaid.
3. My wedding. It's costly to have provide bridesmaids' dresses. Additional cost so I dropped the ideal. By the way, you were actually like the bridesmaid in my wedding but the stand alone type. Haha.

We can make ourselves bridesmaids to Boy's wedding *wink*