Thursday, January 25, 2007

What Time Is The Right Time?

I saw the "romance version" of Uniquely Singapore advertisement few months ago on MTV. Guy met the lady while shopping for souvenir. He took the wooden cat first while she liked it too. He chased after her asking her for a drink. Ultimately, at the end of the day, he gave her the wooden cat. She was impressed. They are in love.

In my mind, only three types of grown up men would do things like that guy in the advertisement:
(1) He is a casanova;
(2) He is a gigolo;
(3) He is under pressure to get married under 24 hours time so he could inherit his grandfather's 5 billion assets.

I don't know how many have shared similar experiences. In real life, I have made initiative and the guy commented to our mutual friend that he wasn't ready for a relationship that soon. In real life, I have also decided to wait a while, and the guy said he has waited too long so he decided to move on.

Is it really boil down to the time factor, or right from start I am just the theory of second best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not second best but it's just that they are not your best.

It's not easy to bump and meet the right one. Movies and mtv are too deceiving. The chasing and giving wooden cat trick was unglamour. Actually, he could have let the lady had it in the shop, why chasing? This trick would get it badly from me. Haha!

Pancake Queen said...

Agreed! If I were that lady, I would have thought he was a gigolo! HeHe.