Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cake

Can we have the cake and eat it at the same time?

Since last July, I have experienced betrayal, marginalisation, experienced loss of a friend and a pet, heartbroken and unnecessary office politics and feeling fat. I have looked out for miracles to reduce my unhappiness, but to no avail. I have sent numerous prayers but I am receiving new wave of disappointment after the old wave disappointment simmers down.

Sometimes I wish I am Peter Pan, never grow up and never want to understand the complexity of adult life. I wish sometimes I knew the answer to everything and therefore not wasting time to pursue things that won't fetch satisfactory outcome. Kenny once told me, if we knew everything then what's the point of living. We need surprises to spice up our lives.

Yesterday I watched and observed Heather Graham in Cake and I was upset for her role Pippa. After thinking through many problems, Pippa turned up at one of her love interests's house only to find that he has got a new girlfriend. Sorry Pippa, I have called but you never answered. She visited her best friend's house but she had no time for her. Sorry Pippa, no. Eventually She went to the ball alone and saw the other love interest was also at the same function with his ex-wife. Her father got the award, she wanted to receive the award on his behalf but it turned out her father has assigned another person to accept the honour for him. Reality, many times, bites.

No comments: