Monday, October 23, 2006

Reassessment

My sister Woofhams bought three movie posters yesterday, and she asked if there was any particular movie poster that I wanted to buy. When I replied to her sms, I was looking at the one and only movie poster that I have: Keeping The Faith.

Keeping The Faith poster has an intrinsic value to me. On 8th February 2006 posting I wrote:

a 1/4 page of Pancakeism dedicated to mr Scorpio who took the trouble to change 3 buses with me so we wouldn't miss watching Keeping The Faith together ...

"Blame it on time, space or distance factor ...
Many times we go round and round searching for the right person,
without realising that the person we've just rejected might be the right person afterall ...

Anyway, two other movies popped up my mind a while ago to reassure me that letting mr Scorpio go is indeed a blessing in disguise: The Next Best Thing (tagline: Best Friends Make Best Mistakes) and One True Thing (tagline: Love What You Have).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One True Thing is an excellent show.

You won't know who you really are unless you find yourself...

Pancake Queen said...

I like the message conveyed by One True Thing too: It's easy for us to lose ourselves in this fast paced working lives and neglect those who love us. Now, I make sure I have time for my parents and siblings!