Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Mask

My sister Woofhams and I had many interesting chats when she was home for a short holiday last week. One of which was about the topic of friendships. I've shared with her that in the past 1 week I've come to see the true colours of my friends clearer. I've injured my left foot last Thursday, and I have been advised by orthopaedician to have a full cast on the injured left foot and walk with clutches for 4 weeks. However, instead of care & concern, three of my closest friends (I used to think they are my closest friends) have shown me instead the "reality bites" of rat race. I asked for help and one friend compared me with his mode of transport. Another friend asked me to check on his lost parcel when I was advised by orthopaedician to rest more. The third friend didn't answer and didn't return my phone call - till today.

Anyway, let's hope my left foot will have a speedy recovery and I could wear the two pairs of new heels I bought in Singapore two weeks ago.

2 comments:

Pancake Queen said...

It's blessing in disguise. High time for me to look for new friends outside my normal circle of toxic people haha.

Anonymous said...

It's always when we have a crisis in our lives that we found out who are our true and real friends. Similiar thing happened to me recently and I realised that I actually only have about 4 true friends. You will be glad to know that you are one of 4 :) Remember - tough times do not last but tough people do.