My favourite recipe in my recipe book is Cotton Cheesecake, and here is the recipe I've taken from Simply Her Magazine.
Note: I haven't altered the ingredients to suit the low fat diet.
Preparation time: Approximately 25 minutes
Cook: Approximately 60 minutes
Serves: 6 persons
150g cream cheese
50g fresh milk
4 eggs, yolks separated from whites
1 tablespoon lemon juice
25g superfine flour
25g corn flour
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Grease a 22cm cake tin and line base with grease-proof paper. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler, bring butter, cream cheese and milk to a boil. Stir to avoid lumps.
- Remove from heat and add egg yolks, followed by juice.
- Add both flours and mix well. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whip egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream cheese into mixture. Pour mixture into cake tin and bake in oven for about 60 minutes. Leave cake to cool in baking tin before removing.