Friday, July 25, 2008

My Other Hobby

Most of my friends don't believe when I told them I have a recipe book. The recipe book was inspired by my Aunt Agnes who has both a beautiful handwriting and has kept a thick book of recipes since the time she was crazy fan of HK singer Agnes Chan. 

My favourite recipe in my recipe book is Cotton Cheesecake, and here is the recipe I've taken from Simply Her Magazine. 

Cotton Cheesecake
Note: I haven't altered the ingredients to suit the low fat diet. 

Preparation time: Approximately 25 minutes
Cook: Approximately 60 minutes
Serves: 6 persons

Ingredients: 
30g butter
150g cream cheese
50g fresh milk
4 eggs, yolks separated from whites
1 tablespoon lemon juice
25g superfine flour
25g corn flour
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
100g sugar

Method: 
  1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Grease a 22cm cake tin and line base with grease-proof paper. Set aside.
  2. Using a double boiler, bring butter, cream cheese and milk to a boil. Stir to avoid lumps. 
  3. Remove from heat and add egg yolks, followed by juice.
  4. Add both flours and mix well. Set aside. 
  5. Using an electric mixer, whip egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar until soft peaks form. 
  6. Fold cream cheese into mixture. Pour mixture into cake tin and bake in oven for about 60 minutes. Leave cake to cool in baking tin before removing.

No comments: