Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Letter To Dublin

Dear My Dublin Friend,

I received your letter this afternoon, I am truly sorry about your loss. It is difficult for you to not think about your grandma especially in the first six months. In my grandma's case, she passed away 19 years ago, but I can tell you neither me, Woofhams or my youngest brother could ever forget our late grandmother. Grandma is occupying a huge corner in our hearts albeit her petite size.

Although to date, I don't quite convince there is life after death, one thing I am very certain is that I don't feel lonely even when I am alone because I can always feel my grandma's presence around me. I believe deceased grandparents have now become our Guardian Angels. Don't be too upset. Life is a cycle, come and go, therefore we must treasure everything we have now and live everyday like a new day. Although our grandma have gone, I always believe they are happier when they know we are happy.

The coin box in the picture on the top right is a gift from my late Grandma. She bought for me when I was very upset and got ill for a week when I was in Primary Four because I didn't get the first position in the class. To cheer me up, my grandma bought for me the same gift as the first prize gift - a green coin box with pen stand and could also be used as photo frames. I don't think my grandma bought the gift because she wanted me to work harder, she just wanted me to be happy. Btw, the pen next to the coin box is the gift from my Form Teacher when I scored first position in entire Primary Five the year after.

"I am happier when I see happy smiling face on all of you", Grandma told us.

My grandma is a beautiful woman who never requested for reciprocated love and kindness from her family. She just wanted all of her closed ones to be happy. My friend, think of all the sweet memories of your grandma and write them in a journal, so you can tell "Xiao Dong Dong" many wonderful stories of his late Greatgrandma when he grows up.

I meant to reply to your letter straightaway but found that the blue ink on the envelope has smeared badly that I couldn't read your corresponding address properly. Could you send your corresponding address to my hotmail a/c, Thanks!

No comments: