Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Incredulous

I totally understood the main function of a polygraph. Friends told me the polygraph could help to detect lies. Yes, I knew but I am a sceptic. I don't believe the polygraph can detect sincerity.

On 17th January 2007, I read about a report on a retired Chinese couple, Tian Zhendong and Ding Shuhui (former construction expert and a university professor from central Wuhan China), have advertised for a daughter to look after them in place of their son who has emigrated to Canada. AND, more than 100 candidates have signed up to try their luck. The couple used to visit their son in Canada but they could not get used to life there and their son didn't want to go back to China. But does the availability of a "rented" daughter help to solve their family problem? Are these candidates see it as a societal responsibility or a mean of employment? I have too many questions on this news report when I read it. I couldn't help analysing on this issue.

I wish a polygraph could help to solve my problem ie. I am doubting on candidates' sincerity.

Actually, I have been sceptical on "sincerity" since young.
Friend: Oh I totally understand your loss of your grandmother?
Pancake: How could you understand my loss when you aren't me?

I am also sceptical of love and relationship. That's why my love always ends up like an envelope with no return address. I never make it clear who is the sender because I don't know how sincere is the other party. Concerning of rejection, I let my love unclaimed, eventually it ends up in a pool with no proper acknowledgement and no appropriate accreditation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've rightly put it. Nevermind, learn from the past, things will change for the better! ;)

Pancake Queen said...

HaHa ... Yep. I hope things will get better, because I am tired of staying stagnant in all sectors of my life. I should move on to other phase, other job, other lifestyle, other strands of thinking.