Saturday, November 18, 2006

Truth Or Cliché

It may sound cliché. You go round and round searching for Mr Right, not realising that Mr Right was right beside you all the while - till you told him to go.

All the while, I have been telling friends that MY Mr Right has to be someone (1) who would look after me, (2) smart, (3) neat, (4) humble, (5) funny, (6) must be tall and (7) wearing a glasses is a bonus. Only to find that Kenny and Mr Scorpio are exactly that.

OK, attributes (5) & (6) are too high-school. Well, those minimum criteria were set when I was 16, and I am very comfortable to stay with that list every time I review it.

The following are words that I have quoted from The Book of Clichés which I've changed some of them and added some new lines to reflect my thinking and feeling now:

Title: For when you have done something really stupid

I just followed my intuition and illogical mind
I thought they would lead to good for something
I was trying to escape from something, I thought that I was just not ready to face it
I was looking for something, something that has nothing to do with you
I always did things like that
Sorry, I did not mean to hurt you
As I used to tell you often, Nobody is perfect and I am not your Ms Perfect
No matter how unhappy I am now, I can't change the fact
Well, at least I've felt the pain of losing you
If the opposite of Love was Loss, then I'd rather choose we have never met at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you apply rationale to relationsips, you can't never find the solution.

Follow your intuition may lead you to unexpected surprise (pleasant one)!

Pancake Queen said...

I still couldn't believe K is dead. He and I used to share a world that no outsiders could understand our thoughts. To date, he was my only friend who would put up with my temper, loved me without thinking of reciprocation.

Anyway, I'll always remember him, my most sincere friend.