Monday, November 20, 2006

I Must Move On

Many friends told me I shouldn't have any pain for Kenny's departure because he was a past tense long ago. I ignored their comments and remarks. Either the fast pace of today's dynamic economy has brainwashed them to be indifferent towards all matters or I am over-react, I am truly sad over Kenny.

In the past 5 days, I kept asking myself these questions: Was I a past tense in Kenny's life long ago? Did he still keep that necklace? Why didn't he invite me to his wedding? Why did we act like strangers when we bump into each other in the shopping mall? Had Kenny has any last wish? Is his wife coping ok? Is there afterlife?

When I was 12, I read a comic called "Xiao Tien Tien" (direct translation from HanYiPinYin: Little Sweet One) and I couldn't understand why "Xiao Tien Tien" was so upset over Anthony's death when they have both moved on to their new life with respective new love. Now I understood. First Love Never Die.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you should move on. K was a passerby in your life, so were you in his life.

Sometimes, It is better to leave things as unknown. 'Knowing' is not always a good thing.

Anthony was a passerby in xiao tian tian's life. Her real prince was grandpa William.

The two guys (Anthony's friends) who also fell for xiao tian tian were not meant for her too. We met many people along the way, but often I look too far when he's just beside us.

Anonymous said...

First love never die but it is never meant to stay to.

That's why it's 'first', there will be second,......

Pancake Queen said...

Hey! You remember the story lines. I am impressed! Remember how we used to quarrel over this comic. I was such a selfish big sister before, guilty :(

Anonymous said...

It's ok, Che. I still managed to complete the series :)

Pancake Queen said...

It was a beautiful story, but I was a spoilt princess. What could be more precious than siblings' love!