Sunday, September 10, 2006

Reality Bites

Please don't tell me that "Compromise" is the magic word that is missing in my relationship-vocabulary.

I did a mid-term review for my relationship sector this morning, and glad that I haven't made the wrong decision 5 and 1/2 years ago for not continuing a fruitless relationship with Mr Scorpio. Some friends might say these are words of sour grape. I admit I still felt uneasy when I saw Mr Scorpio with his wife few weeks ago at a supermarket. I was uneasy because it was the first time bumping into him and his wife after he got married last September. I don't have anymore butterflies in my stomach, and I don't have anymore feelings of regrets and hatred when his name is mentioned these days. I believe the news of his wife's labour has marked a closure for our futile relationship.

I must also admit I still apply the chopsticks manner that he taught me 6 years ago, I still keep the bag he used to carry for me, and I still smile every time I recall how he companied me, ran from one cinema to the next, tried to catch the last showing of Keeping The Faith.

Instead of "Compromise", I would rather quote some of my after-thoughts from reading Janet Evanovich & Charlotte Hughes's novel Full Scoop ie. lacking sense of Security, Reliability & Good Humour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously, he did not keep his faith.

Security, Reliability and Good Humour are not characteristics of a man of faith.

Wise decision 5.5 years ago.

I strongly believe someone who has Security, Reliability and Good humour is finding his way to you :)

Pancake Queen said...

Don't worry. It doesn't matter even if someone with Security, Reliability & Good humour would never appear, I'm very contented and complacent with my current lifestyle ;)