Wednesday, September 20, 2006

One-Way Traffic & The Candle

A student asked me in the class what is the biggest disadvantage of using quantitative method in Social Science. I told her it's the difficulty to quantify attitudinal behaviour particularly on the affective and behavioural components.

***
I wish life is as easy and clear-cut as mathematics. In the past 2 years, I've met & missed two potential good relationships. When they showed interests, I wasn't aware. When I finally found out, they've shy away. When I tried to reignite the potential relationship from the remnant feelings, I found out I was the only party who was holding the candle.

Well, this is Life.
Misunderstandings + Doubt => Abandonment + Departure

If one were to compel, feelings are in fact able to be squeezed into a mathematical model. However, outcome might not be reliable because this model will consist lots of white noise.

So, between Happiness to let go & Regret to hang on, I've chosen the former.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he waited for too long and decided to move on.

As Alanis Morisette sings 'we live, we learn'.

Pancake Queen said...

"We live, We learn", indeed true.