Thursday, August 31, 2006

Eyes Of The Tiger


Mama called me before noon and told me that the owner of 'Poppy' (Pickles's brother) is willing to give Poppy to us because he understands that everyone in our family is upset with Pickles's sudden departure.

Before I left office for lunch, I thought of many names because Poppy is too sissy for a boy dog, honestly. Since we want this new dog to live strong and brave, just like Pickles his brother, I decided to name him "Tiger". So, tentatively he's called Tiger now, though Papa has absent-mindedly called him Pickles many times.

Tiger was smelly, dirty and skinny under the care of previous owner. We decided to send him to see a vet as soon as he was bathed the first time in many months (I believe!). I spotted he has goatee, and he will look suave if his fringe was trimmed shorter, just at the sweep-eyes angle. However, the vet told us that she has to remove much of Tiger's hair because there were too many tangles and knots.

How nice the feeling if we could have Pickles and Tiger under one roof at the same time. Tiger looks like a slimmer version of Pickles. He barks like Pickles. He guards our house like Pickles. He likes to play "Hide & Seek" with toads like Pickles did. They look like twins - Pickles the sporty twin, and Tiger the arty-farty twin, Ha!

Pickles, though you and Tiger were separated at birth, both of you look so much alike, sound alike and react alike. I hope you'll share some of your courage with Tiger so he'll be stronger. At the same time, teach him a thing or two on teamwork spirit. He barked at Ally when Ally took some food from his bowl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not expect I am so attached to Pickles till he left us.

I kept remembering how tamed he was when I called him to follow me home. He hopped into the car and he formed the bonding with us almost instantly.

How I like to run with him up and down at our garden.

I told him that I would be back in a few months to play with him but Pickles did not wait for me.....he told him and Ally to wait for me.

Tiger must learn to be like Pickles. We were his family the minutes we brought him home.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Pickles barked at toads, Kingfisher, bird but he knew Ally is part of our family.

Ally would bark at him when he tried to sniff her food but when Ally picked his food, he would not bark at her.

Pancake Queen said...

Yes. Pickles was more rational compared to "Tiger" Bobby. Papa started the first lesson this morning ie. trained "Tiger" Bobby to have more spine, not to ask for table remains like what he did at his previous owner's house. Mama seems to have high hope with "Tiger" Bobby, she believes "Tiger" Bobby will be as cute as Pickles when he has eaten well and gained his dog-energy. It seems to us "Tiger" Bobby's previous owner has starved him for weeks!