Thursday, July 13, 2006

What's Your Favourite Pick-Up Line?

HaHa ... I really like this guy DJ on channel 102.3 FM, which is usually the channel I listen to when I am brushing my teeth. I dislike listening to radio at other time, because it would be distracting for me.

Anyway ...

A day after the final match of World Cup 2006, a lady DJ was babbling on how French didn't and shouldn't win, and how Italian should win the World Cup. Absent-mindedly, this guy DJ (supporter of French team) said to her: now you are talking like a human who has spent too much time with the Malaysians-who-claimed-to-be-Italians.

HaHa, so- so-sour grape.

This morning when I tuned in to the same channel, the same DJ was asking listeners to think of creative pick-up lines (which he regretted for including this question in his script because he commented the response was overly corny!). Could you believe what came on top of the range?

Your father is a thief because he stole the beautiful stars in the sky and put them in your eyes.

geez, I got goose pimples the minute I heard the line!

But nothing beat the following pick-up line a guy told me many years ago:

I like it when you laugh - because you laugh like one of the boys!

To date, I'm still unsure if that was a compliment to my dimples or a complaint to me never covering my mouth (like most ladies do) when I laugh???

Anyway, to brighten up the dull mood today, these are two of the many paintings I like from Ken Done: Butterflies from Brazil and Christmas in Summer.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The guy said to you about laughter. He had a very cool pick up line.

Guess what? I recalled for a while, no, I don't have a favourite pick up line because no one said it to me! Haha!

Oh may be one, not sure if that was a pick up line. A guy asked me to take picture with him at King's Park because he didn't want to be alone with the beautiful scenery. He sent he would send the photo to me. Hmm, yes, we became friends and church mates.

Pancake Queen said...

HaHa ... I know you'll laugh at me when you read about my favourite pick up line.

I hardly compliment guys - may be I am just not very good in the "complimenting" department. Just two days ago, a platonic guy friend asked me: Haven't you noticed I never wore glasses before today, why don't you compliment on my new glasses?

May be this is my character, I don't like to compliment for the sake of prolonging conversation. Complimenting should be sincere & said it from bottom of heart.

Six years ago, Louis told me he looked geeky with glasses on, and I told him: "You look good with glasses on. I don't like you with contact lenses". I know this sounds cheesy, but I really felt he looked like a prince when he had glasses on.

Four years ago, during a coffee break when Udo laughed at my jokes and told me I was different from most women he knew, I looked at him and said: You look good with glasses on. You look very Harry Pottery. And since that complimenting incident, Udo always has his glasses on whenever he sees me.