Monday, July 10, 2006

Rainy Monday


I remember when I was 18, I always heard my Auntie Agnes sang this nursery rhyme to my cousin Belinda:

Rain Rain Go Away, Come Again Another Day

I have the same feeling today. I wish it is not a rainy + Monday. I took these photos from a flickr website. I am thinking all kinds of things today - be a freelance photographer + writer, family, friends, shoes, dry clean, exercise, things I want to do, things I want to buy, etc. etc.

A friend, Shiou Yin, is leaving for Dublin this Wednesday to join her husband who is taking a Masters there. I'll miss her, she's one friend that never pass on 'toxic thoughts' to me. I called a friend casually for coffee, but he never picked up my phone and never returned my call. I recalled I am yet to finish the last 67 pages of Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code. Then, I remember Mr Scorpio's wife should be delivering their first child around this month. Mr Scorpio and I were family friends, but somehow we were never friends till we met at Brunei airport 6 years ago today. Yes it's 10th July 2000, I still remember his words: I chose to study in UQ because I found out you are there. To date, I still don't believe what he said, but those are the nicest words a man has ever shared with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet words! Well, As you mentioned they are due to receive their first child so let the past be flown away.

Pancake Queen said...

Don't worry. I just recalled the sweet things about Mr Scorpio. I am not mad with him at all, anymore.