Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Happy Fathers' Day!

Happy Fathers' Day!

This year's Fathers' Day, We bought Papa a Tiramisu cake instead of the usual bluberry fresh cream cake. My father introduced the family to blueberry cake in the 80s when blueberry concept was first introduced in Brunei's bakery.

Blogging opened my eyes to many things which I didn't know in the past. For example, I didn't know much about my father's work life till I read my sister Woofham's blog this afternoon.

My sister's blog has awoken me:

It was Papa who told me that not only men should pursue further education, women have equal rights to everything that men have. If you think that you are born a girl therefore you would be denied similar opportunities as the boys, then you should work triple hard than the boys to prove that you are as capable as them, if possible strive for even more capable than them. Always remember you cannot be weak. You have to set a good, positive example for your younger sister and brother.

Papa, Happy Fathers' Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We definitely have wise and humble parents. Why do you think we tend to think differently and see different perspective from others? It runs in the blood too :)

Pancake Queen said...

No opposition views on that!

You know the other day when I watched "NumB3rs" with Mama, and I told her: "Ma, you should raise me like a prodigy. See you taught us to be humble and raised the three of us like ordinary kids, therefore we couldn't reached our full potentials".

Mama looked at me and said: "Hey, be humble. Just because a few praises here & there you've received these days didn't confirm you were a prodigy since you were three. Prodigy or not, you have a life to live. Prodigy may reach their goals on a faster track, you reach there slightly less sooner, that's all. Don't make it such a big fuss. Important message I want you to know is: A knowledgeable woman doesn't go around telling others she is intelligent. An intelligent person should be aware that she might be above a number of people, but there are still numerous hurdles in front of her that she should be ready".

Good parents say: Confidence builds, Arrogance kills.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like Mama, very philosophical :)

Pancake Queen said...

True, haha!!