Saturday, May 06, 2006

Optimism

I was reading my sister's weblog this afternoon, and agreed with her on two issues. First, we can be good but we cannot be too-obliging. Too-obliging would be seen as too-easily-be-bullied. I like to see myself more of a confident, competent, efficient and optimistic person. My life philosoph(ies) are: I don't want to be a doormat, I don't want to be a parrot, I don't want to be a cold-blanket, I don't want to be a sour grape & I definitely don't want to be a flower vase (as if I am qualified (",), well beauty is in the eyes of beholder)!

Second, actors should be versatile in their acting. This is why I could never endure sitting 120 minutes to watch any of Tom Cruise's MI movies. He is always the hero, and all girls are flower vases - worse is flower vase that blew up a Lamborghini!

I wish there is a version of MI:3 that doesn't has Tom Cruise in it. I am sure there are other Hollywood actors who could carry the role of Ethan Hunt better than an idiot who jumped up and down on Oprah's couch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Tom Cruise craze is over. MI is definitely over rated. I think if the producer wanted to portray Tom Crusie as so 'extraordinary', I think first of all he has to act like in real life not only reel life.

He has completely messed up life. He gives me an impression that he is a prodigla son confused and now an escapee to his belief in Scientology.

Pancake Queen said...

AGREED!

Have you read about he ate the placenta!? Disgusting! Who in the right mind would do that!?!?