Saturday, May 20, 2006

Candle-lit Lunch

Today is an interesting day filled with (1) smiles & (2) REAL laughters (really spiced up an usually-dull-Saturday)!

First, I managed to create many XML codes for my Portal Content Management workshop. I'm thinking of investing in the Stylus Studio software when I find time. (Speak of time, I am looking forward to my 5 days leave during the 1st week of June).

Second, I scheduled to meet a good friend for lunch today. Knowing it's Saturday, I've reserved parkings and table in advance. I didn't see my friend as I entered the cafe on time, instead was greeted by Grace Pow Yi, the owner. We chatted a bit and something interesting caught my eyes: a blue table with a red candle all lighted up in the middle of the table (I should take a photo!). We are all very familiar with the usual casual atmosphere of Blues Cafe, and can you imagine blue table cloth & red candle in the middle of the day ;-))))

I asked Pow Yi: That candle-lit lunch looks a bit too warm for a Saturday afternoon, don't you think? Who on earth would call for an over-decoration like such?

Pow Yi replied: THAT IS the table you've asked us to design for your lunch today, haven't you?

I was almost hyper-ventilated for five seconds.
Blue table cloth & red candle! My friend must be thinking I have been hexed by the goddess of madness!!

I asked Lito the waiter to remove the candle because I didn't want us to look like a pair of weird witch & wizard who were about to perform a ritual. For the first time in my life, I really could sense the real meaning of palpitation. Lunch was good, but honestly I've never been distracted by a blue table cloth as much as this before. Before I left the cafe, Pow Yi apologised. Mark the other waiter was confused when I told him I needed two big parkings right by the side of the cafe, and a specific good spot for table where I could have good aircon circulating.

Don't laugh. I know you guys are still laughing at me. Yes I should tone down my over-organised skill - it has failed me big time today. Nevertheless, it was fun, and I had a great laugh at myself when I recalled the incident a while ago. The above picture was meant for laugh, of course the table setting wasn't as elaborate as that! ;-)))))

Pancakeism p.20052006:Life doesn't have to be too serious all the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.